Welcome to the Jenna Lowe Trust
Jenna and the Lowe Family have three main goals for this Trust:
1) To help raise awareness for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension and other rare diseases in South Africa
2) As a result of raising awareness, to help sufferers get earlier diagnosis and have access to the treatment they need
3) To raise funds for Jenna’s expensive life-prolonging medications
A note from Jenna’s Mom and Dad.
Jenna Lowe is a bright, beautiful and extraordinarily courageous 19-year old girl from Cape Town, South Africa.
Jenna was the National Public Speaking champion for Persuasive Speech in 2013, has achieved numerous academic awards during her school career, was Deputy Head Girl of her school and recently matriculated with 7 distinctions even with her life threatening and debilitating condition.
At the tender age of 8, Jenna wrote and published a magical children’s story,.
She has great intellect and a compassionate, engaging nature. From a very young age her dream has been to effect positive social change in South Africa and the world.
Early 2012 our healthy, happy daughter (then aged 17) was diagnosed with an extremely rare lung disease called Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. This little-known, degenerative, life-threatening condition that has changed Jenna’s life – all of our lives – forever.
Only the right medical care, a dedicated team of global doctors, on-going research and expensive medication regimes allow us to improve Jenna’s quality of life and buy her more time.
Please join our ever increasing circle of support and follow Jenna’s journey. Here’s how to navigate your way around Jenna’s site …
- Write of Passage – Jenna’s personal blog space. Leave messages of support, encouragement and find out more about our universe and the complexities of living with a rare disease.
- Kristi Sings For Jenna – Kristi, Jenna’s younger sister, has a beautiful voice and together they embarked on a project to write a song that would raise awareness of Jen’s condition and funds for her medication. Together with local band Good Luck they wrote and produced a single called “I Need More Time”. It went to No 3 on the iTunes SA download chart in ONE day. Download from the iTunes Store or SMS TIME to 3 33 33 (call 011-691 8666 if you have any problems) to support The Jenna Lowe Trust. Every time you share or download the song a portion goes to Jen’s medication costs.
- The Write Stuff tells the story behind the story of Jenna’s first book written at the tender age of 8.
- Jenna’s Medical Journey gives you more information on Jenna’s medical condition and links to international PH websites.
- How can you help? takes you to The Jenna Lowe Trust Banking details in case you’d like to make a donation. It also gives other suggestions of how you can help and get involved.
- News & Events gives you news updates, event details etc.
If you are here then you have already helped us in some fundamental way.. thank you for keeping up to date with Jenna’s journey – both medical and personal.